Rand Park Primary is a fee paying public school.
GRADE 1 APPLICATIONS 2020
The admissions application period has closed.
PLACEMENT BY THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION WILL TAKE PLACE FROM 18 SEPTEMBER TO 31 OCTOBER 2019, BASED ON APPLICABLE CRITERIA.
Parents will receive an SMS from the Gauteng Department of Education if their child has been offered a place at Rand Park Primary for the 2020 academic year. It must be noted that placement offers will NOT be sent to ALL parents on the same day, as the Department will be processing offers systematically on a daily basis in line with the order of application criteria outlined in the Admissions Regulations. Parents have 7 working days to accept the place offered and must do so by logging in to the e-admissions portal: www.gdeadmissions.gov.za.
Placement will take place in accordance with the Provincial Notice 268 of 2019: Amendments to Regulations Relating to the Admission of Learners to Public Schools (available on www.gdeadmissions.gov.za).
The following information is required to complete your e-application:
- Learner’s ID Number
- Both Parents’ ID Numbers
- Residential Address for Parents
- Work Addresses for Parents
- Name of Current Primary School
- Current Grade
Documents to be presented to the school within two weeks of submitting your e-application are:
- Certified copy of Unabridged Birth Certificate of learner.
- Learner’s latest school report.
- A copy of the Immunisation/Clinic Card with the 6 year booster completed as well as the original card for verification. (Gr1)
- Certified copies of both parents/legal guardians’ ID documents. As well as the originals for verification purposes.
- Certified copy of Divorce and Maintenance Agreement (if applicable)
- Certified copies of death certificate if parent/s is/are deceased.
- Certified copy of the Court Order granting Legal Guardianship/Fostership (if applicable)
- Where the parent/guardian is not the natural parent of the child – legal documentation supporting the legal relationship with the learner.
- Proof of permanent street address of both parents. Only original COJ utility bills (not older than 3 months) will be accepted.
- If renting: a copy of the lease agreement plus the utility bill and certified copy of ID document of the Lessor.
- Proof of permanent work address for both parents/legal guardians. For example: Letter of confirmation on company letterhead, letter of appointment (physical address of the company must be provided on this documentation)
- Certified copies of current passports for parents/legal guardians and learner (Immigrants only)
- Certified copy of Permanent Residence Permit/Study Visa (Immigrants only)
No expired documentation will be accepted. Should any of the documentation submitted be found to be fraudulent, we reserve the right to cancel the application
Admission Criteria 2020:
Waiting lists will be compiled using the Gauteng Department of Education’s Admission Policy requirements. Placement is based on weighted criteria which prioritises applicants that live in the Feeder Zone first. The waiting lists will be based on the following admission criteria ranking, in accordance with the Revised Draft Amended Regulations relating to the Admission of Learners to Public Schools, 2018:
GRADE 2-7 APPLICATIONS 2020
- Directly with the school.
- Application forms available from 2 May 2019.
- Required Documents as above.
- Applications open Monday 13 May 2019.